Are you on the fence? Are you lukewarm? Do you try to stand in the place of neutrality? Do you find yourself saying, "I'm not real sure how I feel about that. I don't know if I'm for or against it?"
God tells us in plain language that we are either for Him or against Him. We either believe in Him or we don't (John 3:18). He also tells us how He feels about lukewarm Christians sitting on a fence (Revelation 3:16).
Ultimately, it does not really matter if you are for or against something (abortion, lying, adultery, etc.). Your job is to find out where God stands on the issue. If God hates divorce and you love God, you hate divorce. My own personal experience is filled with things that God hates. It makes me want to cry. But God is faithful to forgive. (Thank You, Lord God.) He is faithful to use those that love Him for His purpose. He is faithful to heal. He is wonderful. He is the everlasting God. Daily we are called to take up our cross, bring our flesh under control, love the things that God loves and hate the sin that God hates. We are not to be bench warmers on the fence. If God hates divorce, do everything you can to keep it from your marriage. If you must divorce, remember that God loves you so much that He gave His only Son that You might have everlasting life. Seek God's forgiveness. Then, do everything you can to keep divorce away from this point forward. But, don't waver in the middle. That is just sickening. Be hot or cold about homosexuality, idolatry, covetousness, etc. Just don't ride the fence.
(Father God, help me to always recognize and stand on your side. And, when I fail, Father, please forgive me. Thank you for making your position clear through your Word. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment