Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nothing New

I've heard for years, "There's nothing new under the sun." Of course, desiring myself to be creative, I think, "Sure there is."

Well, I was reading Daniel 6 (v1-10) today and it just made me mad. Those politicians had to invent a way to cause Daniel to break the law. They searched and searched but did not find anyway they could defame him. There was no insider trading rumors, no sexual infidelity, no kickbacks, no skimming the funds, no negative campaigning. The Word says, "They could find none occasion nor fault." Basically, he was an honest, hardworking, excellent, and true citizen.

Does that remind you of anything? God showed me that there is nothing new. Just as politicians then had to invent a way to make true, honest, hardworking individuals into lawbreakers, they are doing it today also.

(Father God, I thank you for the signs of the times. My heart quickens with anticipation and fear. Forgive our nation, Father. We are a sorry bunch to say the least. We have openly ignored your direction and have followed each one after our own selfish desires. Forgive us! Have GREAT mercy on us! In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.)

No comments: