Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Division

Math.  Ugh.  I don't like doing math, especially division.  Today, it became clear to me why.  Division is what Satan uses to keep Christians from fellowship.  Division is what Satan uses to destroy the family.  Division is what Satan uses to cause a church to split.

As I was doing my daily Bible reading from "The Evidence Bible" produced by Way of the Master Ministries, there was a quote by Charles Spurgeon.

"Satan always hates Christian fellowship; it is his (Satan's) policy to keep Christians apart.  Anything which can divide saints from one another he (Satan) delights in."

Then, the Proverbs 31 Ministries daily encouragement was on the topic of division in marriage.  Oh, I hope I am listening to what the Father has to say.  I can see that He is using it to encourage me today.  He is using it to show me what I need to do.  I must heal and not cause division.  I must have care for the members of the body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:25)

(Father God, thank you for talking with me today.  Please help me to act as you desire.  Strengthen me for what is to come.  In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: